Our construction solicitors combine technical excellence with commercial awareness and pragmatism to provide practical advice and assistance on the entire lifecycle of a construction project. We cover non-contentious and contentious work for all clients operating in the building and engineering industries.
We have extensive sector experience and accordingly have, as our overriding objective, the need to manage the financial and commercial impact of each instruction.
We provide advice and support on:
Contract structure and drafting
- Procurement strategy for construction projects, developments and regeneration schemes
- Drafting and negotiation of bespoke contracts, sub-contracts and partnering/framework agreements
- Professional appointments
- Warranties, performance bonds and guarantees
- Contract interpretation and risk identification
- Legal aspects of contract administration
- Dispute avoidance and commercial strategy
- Claims preparation
- Representation in all forums of dispute resolution including adjudication, arbitration, litigation, mediation and expert determination
- Enforcement of adjudicator’s decisions
Having been qualified for almost 25 years, Emma specialises in contract interpretation and administration, dispute avoidance and dispute resolution.
Andrew has practiced exclusively in all construction law since 1991, splitting his work mainly between disputes and project work.